Mission & Vision
Our mission at the Tower Hamlets PRU is to equip our young people with the qualities that they will need for success wherever they go. To do this we put high value on:
- knowing our students, their strengths, their needs and their progress very well
- personalised planning, monitoring and reviewing for each individual student
- positive and respectful relationships
- high-quality teaching
- comprehensive information, advice and guidance
- a strong pastoral curriculum.
Tower Hamlets PRU is a multi-site school providing alternative provision for up to 200 school-aged children in Tower Hamlets who, for a variety of reasons, do not have a mainstream school place. Most young people are referred to one of our services by schools through the local authority. Services we provide include:
- Reintegration: students in Key Stages 1 to 3 and some in year 10 are prepared for their return to mainstream or special school
- Key Stage 4 Alternative Provision: year 11 and many year 10 students complete their statutory education by following our personalised alternative curriculum with the aim of gaining the qualifications, skills and confidence they need to secure sustainable post 16 destinations
- Medical: the PRU includes the Royal London Hospital school, teaching up to 500 children a year, and also runs a tuition service for children who cannot leave their homes.